Saturday, November 13, 2010

Library Lion in Hungarian!

Got a nice surprise from the mailman this morning—the Hungarian edition of Library Lion!


How cool is that? Yay!

I was interested to see that they left Mr. McBee and Miss Merriweather's names in English. Many of the other foreign editions change the names of the characters. A friend in Israel (Hi, Sarah C.!) recently told me that in the Hebrew edition, their names are Mister Nakdi and Miss Dafni, and I know they've been changed in the Italian edition and several others. Someday I'd love to find out how the different publishers decide whether to change the names and what to change them to. It's so odd sometimes what they choose! And odd too to catch my characters walking around with new identities. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle,

    I just walked by the table and saw my copy of Library LIon sitting there. I decided to Google you and see what I could find. I am so glad to find your blog and tell you how much I love this book. I don't know if you have heard this before but every time I read this book, I choke back some tears. The part where Miss Merriweather runs to see the lion is so touching to me that I can't read it out loud to my kids unless I pause frequently. This book is a perfect 10 in my opinion. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it. Has anyone approached you about making it into a movie? The last time I read it I thought it would be a great kids film.

    I look forward to reading your other work.
    Krista Guerrero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Krista! It means a lot when people write to tell me they love Library Lion. No movie plans in the works as far as I know, but that would be nice! :)

    ReplyDelete