Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Photo of the Month

Last week I had two fabulous school visits in Newfane and Lockport, NY. I'll post more about that soon, but for now here's a quick preview of some of the cool stuff the schools did in preparation for my visit. In addition to other fun lead-in activities (like the daily trivia question contest about me and/or my books), the students in both schools did writing and art projects, including these wonderful library lions that were on display in DeSales Catholic School when I arrived to give my presentation:


The Lockport Union-Sun & Journal came to DeSales and wrote up an article about my visit. You can read it here!

2 comments:

  1. awesome!

    and then...

    is it wrong that i'm suddenly seeing an army of lion's heads replacing the once great and powerful oz? you know, disembodied heads against a curtain with fearful countenance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'd call it wrong, exactly. Disturbing, maybe. :) Although I'd much rather go to the Library Lion for help than the false wizard...

    ReplyDelete